|10 Christian Mystics and What They Tell Us Of God||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Murray Bodo, O.F.M., Ph.D.||2012||CD Lectures||12 lectures||
2. Mary, the First Christian Mystic
3. Francis of Assisi, The Mirror of Christ
4. Julian of Norwich, Anchoress and Visionary of God's Goodness
5. Jacopone da Todi, Poet of the Madness of God
6. St. Catherine of Siena, the Body as the Cell of God
7. St. John of the Cross, Mystic of the Dark Night
8. St. Therese of Lisieux, Anti-Mystic of the Little Way
9. Gerard Manley Hopkins, The Mysticism of Words
10. Simone Weil, Affliction and the Mystical Way
11. Robert Lax, Hermit and Mystic of Patient Waiting
|2011 Los Angeles Religious Education Congress: Presentations||Ministry Resources||Adult||Jack Jezreel, Fr. Greg Boyle, Fr. Ron Rolheiser, Megan McKenna, etc.||2011||Audio CD||60 min. each (approx.)||
Gathered & Sent: Saints, Prophets and Martyrs on a Mission
Jack Jezreel - Presenter
Falling upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life
Fr. Richard Rohr, OFM
Radical Discipleship - Giving Our Death Away
Ron Rolheiser, OMI
Hold Firm as You Are Held
Why Do You Do What You Do? Integrated Liturgy: It's More Than Just Music
Fishing the River: Doing Ministry Your Way & Doing it Well
Dr. Michael Carotta
From Jerusalem to Ends of the Earth: The Dynamic Vision of the Church's Misison in the Act of the Apostles
Donald Senior, CP
The Gospel of Matthew: At the Crossroads of Early Christianity
Donald Senior, CP
Called to Prophetic Witness in a Wounded World
Babara Fiand, SND de N
Eckhart Tolle, John of the Cross and Teresa of Avila: Living in the Presence of God
Rev. Richard N. Fragomeni
Would Jesus Recognize Our Church?
Anthony J. Gittins, CSSp
Who Would Jesus Hire? Creating a Movement to Welcome the Outcast, the Gang Member and the Felon
Gregory Boyle, SJ
|2012 Los Angeles Religious Education Congress Presentations||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Loughlan Sofield, John Roberto, Anthony Gittins, Jack Jezreel, Gregory Boyle, Steve Angrisano, etc.||2012||CD||1 CD each presentation||
1. The Urgency of Discipleship and Evangelization in Today's World -- Rev. Anthony Gittins, CSSp
2. Becoming a "Kin-dom" Catholic -- Michael H. Crosby, OFM Cap
3. Pastoring & the New Evangelization: Issues & Strategies Pastors and Pastoral Leaders Ask for Most -- Fr. Freddy Washington, CSSp, DMin
4. All Things New? Waking Up the Assembly's Voice -- Christopher Walker
5. All Things Catholic: A 360-Degree Review of What's Hot and What's Not in the Church -- John Allen, Jr.
6. From Marriage to Parenting: Faith Formation with "Next Generation" Adults -- John Roberto
7. "I'm Not a Chicken! I'm an Eagle!" Rekindling the Fire of Jeremiah -- Rev. R. Tony Ricard, MTh, MDiv
8. Teaching Youth to Follow Christ..."The Way" of Discipleship -- Steve Angrisano
9. "Extreme Makeover": Foundations and Blueprints for Youth Ministry Teams -- Mike Patin
10. The Future of Catechesis in the Digital Age --Sr. Angela Ann Zukowski, MHSH, DMin
11. Keys to Successfully Using social Media and Online Technologies for Ministry Leadership Development -- Dr. Charlotte McCorquodale
12. Technology at the Service of Catechesis -- Ailis Travers & Elaine Mahon
13. Social Media Strategies for Today's Church -- Lisa M. Hendey
14. Infusing Life Through the Rite of Christian Initiation -- Rev. Richard Vega
15. Put Your Whole Parish on the RCIA Team: Engage Everyone in Lifelong Faith Formation -- Nick Wagner
16. Creating a Partnership with Parents Toward Discipleship -- Daniel S. Mulhall
17. Practice Makes Catholic: Moving from a Learned Faith to a Lived Faith -- Joseph S. Paprocki, DMin
18. Setting Hearts on Fire: Choosing and Using Music to Enliven Parish and School Liturgy -- Michael Mangan
19. Are We Fishers of Men or Keepers of the Aquarium? Reclaiming our Call to Reach Out to the Unchurched -- Roy Petitfils, MS, LPC
20. Teaching Stories: Tools for Spiritual Development -- John Shea, STD
21. Infusions and Voices of Life! -- Megan McKenna
22. Mary as Woman of the Word and Exemplar of Lectio Divina -- Stephen J. Binz
23. The Word of God in the New Evangelization -- Stephen J. Binz
24. Live From a Burning Fire: Three Practices of the Abundant Life -- Sr. Bridget Haase, OSU
25. Whatever Happened to the Common Good? -- Dr. Roberto Dell'Oro
26. Faith Formation for Every Adult in Your Church - It's Possible Today! -- John Roberto
27. Celebrating the Way of the Cross and Other Prayers with Children -- Christopher Walker
28. A Spirituality for Busy Persons -- Rev. Jim Clarke, PhD
29. The New Evangelization -- Fr. James Mallon
30. The Word of God Brings Us Back to Life! -- Megan McKenna
31. The Music and Magic of Ignatian Mysticism -- Paul Coutinho
32. The Secret to Full Parish Involvement -- Bro. Loughlan Sofield, ST
33. Building a Parish as a Dynamic Community of Service -- Bro. Loughlan Sofield, ST
34. Barking to the Choir: Finding the Kinship of God -- Gregory J. Boyle, SJ
35. Good News People: An Affirming Approach to Parish Social Ministry -- Jack Jezreell
36. "Have You Met My Baby Boy?" Celebrating the Love of the Blessed Mother -- Rev. R. Tony Ricard
37. Human Trafficking: Going Under the Belly of the Beast -- Patrick Atkinson
38. Are There Any Christian Disciples Today? -- Anthony J. Gittins, CSSp
39. Engaged Spirituality: Prayer and Action in Conversation -- Jack Jezreel
40. More Than Just Service: Engaging Young Adolescents in Social Justice -- Sean Lansing
41. Feeling God's Voice Through Physical and Mystical Touch: Some Sacramental & Mystical Images --
Ron Rolheiser, OMI
42. Preparing Families to Celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation -- Miguel Arias
43. The Shepherds Speak: Who Hears Their Voice? -- Michael H. Crosby, OFM Cap
44. Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship -- Fr. Allan Figueroa Deck, SJ, PhD
45. Discipleship for the 21st Century: The Global Dimensions of Serving Our Neighbor -- Joan Rosenhauer
46. Good News People: An Affirmig Approach to Parish Social Ministry -- Jack Jezreel
|A New Cosmology: Nature as the first Bible||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Richard Rohr, OFM||2009||CD||2 CDs (approx. 2 hrs.)||Excerpts from an Eco-Spirituality Retreat in Assisi, Italy, led by Richard Rohr, OFM where deep reflection on Scripture was blended with walks into the same countryside where St. Francis learned to understand the "brotherhood" and "sisterhood" of the natural world, of which we, the human family, are an integral part.|
|A Quick Journey Through the Bible||Bible Study||Adult||Jeff Cavins||2007||CD||4 CDs approx.30 min. each||
A Quick Journey through the Bible is an 8-part introduction to the Bible Timeline learning system. This study is designed to give the student a brief overview of salvation history, from Genesis through the resurrection of Christ and the establishment of the Catholic Church. Students will learn about the spiritual benefits of Bible study and how to enter deepe into "His-story" as they begin their study of the Scriptures.
The topics in the 8-part study:
1. How to Read the Bible and Explanation of Materials
2. Early World
3. The Patriarchs
4. Egypt & Exodus and Desert Wanderings
5. Conquest & Judges and Royal Kingdom
6. Divided Kingdom and Exile
7. Return from Exile and Maccabean Revolt
8. Messianc Fulfillment and The Church
|A Retreat With Pope Francis (CD's)||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Anthony Ciorra, M.Div., Ph.D.||2014||CD||6 conferences||In this retreat, you will enjoy six conferences that explore that explore Scripture through the lens of the pope's writings, life stories, and personal example.|
|A Retreat with Pope John Paul II||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Donald Goergen, OP, PhD||2011||CD||2 CD's||A providential life indeed, the late Pope John Paul II lived and charismatically taught the transformative power of God's grace and the potential of the human spirit. Join Fr. Goergen in six life-giving conferences. Fr. Goergen prayerfully distills Pope John Paul II's spiritual insights into conferences that lift your spirit and illuminate your path with Christ.|
|A Retreat with Teilhard de Chardin||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Donald Goergen, OP, PhD||2011||CD||3 cds||
Explore the towering mysticism of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin in this one-of-a-kind retreat experience. Fr. Goergen's moving retreat will lead you to discover how Teilhard's universal vision of life can shape your spirituality today.
1. Creation and Evolution
2. A World-Affirming Spirituality
3. The Cosmic Christ
4. The Eucharist
6. Christ and the Universe
|Adult Christianity: And How To Get There||Faith||Adult||Ronald Rolheiser||
||Audio CD||4 CD"s: 4 hrs. 30 min||Both authors use examples, stories, and poetry to develop the frequent refrain of Jesus, "It was said to our ancestors...but I say to you."|
|Age to Age Generations of Faith||Inspiration||All Ages||Steve Angrisano||2012||CD||1 CD||
12 Songs (By Age to Age: Generations of Faith event musicians who ministered to the Terre Haute community at St. Joseph University Parish on September 13, 2012)
Many and One
Take Up Our Cross
Ready the Way
A Time Will Come For Singing
Falling Into You
Give Us Faith, Lord
Plow Your Row
These Alone Are Enough
O God, Be the Music
We Live to Love
|Becoming the Beloved Disciple of John's Gospel||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Daniel Crosby, OFM, Cap||
||CD||4 CDs||Scripture scholars believe the Beloved Disciple of John's Gospel was deliberately un-named so that all disciples encountering these passages could find themselves within them - and embrace full discipleship as totally and eagerly as did this early follower of Jesus. Through 12 lectures, Capuchin Fr. Dan Crosby will examine all the passages in John referring to the Beloved Disciple an dpresent the key to adopting the role of discipleship.|
|Becoming the Best Version of Yourself||Spiritual Growth||Youth & Adults||Matthew Kelly||
(take life to the next level)
Who you Become is infinitely more important than what you do or what you have.
|Call to Faith||Children and Youth||K-6 years||
||Audio CD||60-70 minutes||
|Catholic Encyclopedia & Catholic Dictionary||Referance||Adult||Our Sunday Visitor||1994||CD||
|Celebrating Our Spiritual Heritage||Inspiration||Youth & Adult||Anne Wakenhut and||
Traditional folk melodies with Anne Wakenhut: Celtic harp
and Gary Wakenhut: hammered dulcimer, clarinet, wood flute, whistles, pan flute and zither
|Companion Music for Walking the Sacred Path: Spiritual Exercises for Today||Spiritual Growth||Youth & Adults||Dan Schutte||2009||CD||2 CD's||30 songs to accompany the Walking The Sacred Path: Spiritual Exercised for Today book by Daniel Schutte. (Also in the Deanery Pastoral Center Library)|
|Delighting in Dreams||Spritual Growth||Youth & Adult||Sarah Bauer||2003||CD||
Ten of Sarah Bauer's inspirational songs.
All in All
I Hope You Know
He Waits for You
Every Move I Make
Here I Am to Worship
My Heart Your Home
I Long to Be
|Echo of Faith||Music||All Ages||David Haas||2001||CD||
|Every Stone Shall Cry||Inspiration||Youth & Adult||Michael Joncas||2002||CD||16 songs||
|Fathers of Mercy - Retreat||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Tom Sullivan||
||CD||5 CD presentations||
1. Our Lady of the Rosary
2. Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary: Virtue of Humility
3. Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary: Surrender to God's will
4. Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary: Love of Our Lady
5. Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary: Sacrament of Confession
|Fathers of Mercy Parish Mission||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Tom Sullivan||
Four conferences from Fr. Tom Sullivan's parish mission.
Talk 1: Building Up the Mystical Body of Christ
Talk 2: Padre Pio
Talk 3: Mary: Ark of the New Covenant
Talk 4: The True Presence of Christ in the Holy Eucharist
|Fathers of Mercy Parish Mission: In the Heart of Christ||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Tom Sullivan||
Themes of the 4 presentations:
1. Building up the Mystical Body of Christ
2. Padre Pio
3. Mary - Ark of the New Covenant
4. The True Presence of Christ in the Holy Eucharist
|Gentle Classics||Music||All Ages||
|Gerard Manley Hopkins: Magician of Words, Sounds, Images and Insights||Spiritual Growth||Adult||
||2013||CD Lectures||15 lectures||
1. Who Was, Iho Is, Gerard Manley Hopkins?
2. From Schoolboy - Poet to Undergraduate - Poet
3. Moved by a Shipwreck and Finding His Genius
4. Sparks and Stars
5. Birds, Insects and a Stallion
6. Welsh Falcon and Welsh Dapple
7. Hopkins and Young People
8. Hopkins the Environmentalist
9. Heroines and Heroes
10. Depression and Anquish
11. Depression and Recovery
12. Affirmation: "Immortal Diamond"
13. Last Poems: Longing for Inspiration
14. "The Wreck of the Deutschland": "Part the First"
15. "The Wreck": "Part the Second"
|God and the Mystery of Human Suffering||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Robin Ryan, CP, Ph.D||2011||CD Lectures||12 lectures||
1. Introduction to the Mystery
2. Perspectives on Suffering in the Hebrew Scriptures
3. The Book of Job and the Suffering of God in the Old Testament
4. The New Testament
5. Early Church, Aquinas, Classical Theism
6. Elie Wiesel
7. Dietrich Bonhoeffer
8. Jurgen Moltmann
9. Edward Schillebeeckx
10. Gustavo Gutierrez
11. Elizabeth Johnson
12. Final Reflections
|Gratitude: Seeing as Gift||Spiritual Growth||Adult||
||2013||CD Lectures||12 lectures||
1. All is Grace
2. Gratitude: A Good and Gracious God
3. Praying Gratitude
4. Being Grateful in the Present Moment
5. Rejoice Always!
6. Human and Holy
7. The Wisdom of Sabbath
8. Gratitude on the Cross
9. Practicing Gratitude
10. Forgiveness: Wings to Gratitude
|Great Biblical Stories: A Narrative Journey with Howard Gray||Scripture||Adult||Rev. Howard Gray, S.J., Ph.D.||2012||CD||12 sessions||Take an unforgettable journey through the stories of the Bible today. In this course, you will explore how God uses narratives in the Bible to reveal His presence and His hope for men and women. If you are looking to deepen your understanding of your own Christian heritage, you will treasure the beautiful insights of Rev. Gray.|
|How History Makes the Bible Come Alive: The Recent Archeological Discovery of Magdala||Bible||Adult||Dr. Tim Gray||2011||CD||
|In God's Providence||Music||All Ages||Sisters of Providence Choir||
|In the Name of Jesus: Reflections on Christian Leadership||Spiritual Life||Youth & Adults||Henri J. M. Nouwen||2006-08-30||Audio CD||1 disc, running time: 1 hr.||
These reflections flow from Nouwen's involvvement with L'Arche, a community dedicated to assisting people with disabilities. In living with with profoundly disabled persons, he found that none of the skills he had used as a minister in past situations had any revelance to this community. Ministry he tells us has nothing to do with revelance, power or poularity, but with reaching out to others with outstretched arms, always discerning where God is leading.
|Inescapable Love||Spirituality||Youth & Adults||Steve Angrisano||2009||Audio CD||
This shows us how simple it is to embrace whatever comes with enthusiasm and joy.
1. Come and See.
2. Pour Out Your Love.
3. Falling Into You.
4. The Living God.
5. plow Your Row.
6. One Step Sway.
7. You Are God.
8. The Lord Will Bless (Psalm 29)
9. Many and One.
10. All the Glory.
11. We Remember, We Believe.
12. Amazed By You.
|John of the Cross: Poet and Mystic||Saints||Adult||Prof. Keith J. Egan||
||CD||6 CDs||Join Dr. Keith J. Egan in this 15-lecture series as he explores the life and teachings of John of the Cross, one of the most well-known Mystics of all time. Through his many works and writings, John of the Cross made significant contributions to our Christian faith, and especially to Mysticism. Dr. Egan presents this program with a clear appreciation and understanding of this great Mystic who aimed to inspire Christians to pray and love as God intended.|
|Join Us in Breaking Boundaries, Creating Hope||Vocation||Youth & Adult||
||The Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods are courageous women of faith committed to effecting positive change and creating hope for the future.|
|Lead Me Home||Spiritual Growth||Youth & Adults||Sarah Bauer||2005||CD||
11 of Sarah Bauer's inspirational songs
Cause to Laugh
Lead Me Home
I Am I Am Yours
Mary's Got My Back
See Me Through
When I Dare
|Learning from Paul the Apostle||Bible Study||Adult||Thomas Stegman||
|LIVE: Songs From the Road||Spirituality||Youth & Adults||Steve Angrisano||2007||Audio CD||
These are songs to Celebrate, Worship and Pray together.
1. Evvery Move I Make
2. Great Is Your Love.
3. Sweet Redeemer.
4. Sacred Silence.
5. Holy Is The Lord.
6. Our God Is Good.
8. I Am The Lord, Your God.
9. Jesus Loves Me.
10. Columbine Testimony.
11. You Are My God/Here I Am Lord.
12. Here I Am To Worship.
13. Go Make A Difference.
14. How Great Is Our God.
15. Blessing Song.
|Mary and the Christian Life: Scriptural Reflections on the First Disciple||Mary||Adult||Welborn, Amy||c2008||Book||152||
|Men & Women: the Journey of Spiritual Transformation||Spirituality||Adult||Richard Rohr, OFM||
||Audio CD||2 CD's: 3 hrs||Men and women acquire the wisdom needed to transform the pain of heir lives in different ways. As gender roles change, this process also changes, and with it comes the promise of improved relationships. The author believes we are in the midst of dynamic spiritual growth opportunities for both genders.|
|Mysteries of the Rosary||Prayer||Youth & Adults||
||CD||80 min. total (tracks at each mystery)||
|Mystics, Muslims, and Merton||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Sidney H. Griffith, S.T.L., Ph.D.||2013||CD||6 sessions||Thomas Merton, one of the great mystics of the twentieth century, had a deep interest in Islam and its mystical tradition of Sufism. Now, you can join one of the leading experts on Islam on a fascinating journey through Merton's encounter with Islam. Thomas Merton was a remarkable spiritual thinker, and his interactions with Muslims provide a model of interfaith dialogue today.|
|Prayer and Growth in Christian Life||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Thomas Merton||2012||CD Lectures||13 lectures||
1. Introduction by Fr. Anthony Ciorra
2. Balance and Grace
2. Religious Verginity and Communal Love
3. The Institutionalized Church
4. Our Dedication to God
5. Escaping Entrapment
6. Ecstatic Life in the Spirit
7. Education, Learning, and Success
8. Christian Nonviolence
9. The Privilege and Obligation of Religious
10. Camus: The Status Quo
11. Religious Freedom
12. Monasticism and Contemplation
13. The Contemplative Life So-Called
|Responding to Jesus' Deeper Invitation||Spiritual Life||Adult||Ron Rolheiser||2006||CD||
Outlines four essentials for a deep spiritual life. First, like the good but sad, rich young man we have to give our entire selves to the Lord. Secondly, we have to sustain and appreciate a high level of tension in our life as we deal with our basic humanity and our membership in the Church. Third, we have to go beyond our feelings and thoughts about faith and demonstrate it with our actions and our presence in the midst of God's people. Finally, we need to hear from the voice of God that we are loved and forgiven.
By doing this we will avoid being the good, but sad, rich young man and be like the often confused and frightened apostles who nevertheless followed the Lord to the end of their lives because he gave them water that quenched their deepest thirst and they were convinced he was the only, Way, Truth and Life.
|Richard Rohr: collected talks on Scripture||Scripture||Adult||Richard Rohr, OFM||
||Audio CD||4 disc set: 4.5 hrs.||
1. Faith in Exile: Biblical Spirituality for Our Times.
2. Hearing the Wisdom of Jesus.
3. The Parables: Letting Jesus Teach Us.
4. Love Your Enemy: The Gospel Call to Nonviolence.
|Richard Rohr: collected talks on Transformation||Spirituality||Adult||Richard Rohr, OFM||
||Audio CD||4 disc set: 4 hrs.||
Themes in this volume:
1. Jesus: Forgiving Victim, Transforming Savior.
2, The Spirituality of Imperfection.
3. The Maternal Face ofGod.
4. Dying: We Need It for Life.
|Rosary Handbook: A Guide for Newcomers, Old-timers, and Those in Between||Rosary||Youth & Adult||Finley, Mitch||c2007||Book||143||
|Sacred Revolution||Inspiration||All Ages||Curtis Stephan||2005||CD||
|Soul Centering through Nature: becoming a true human adult||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Richard Rohr, OFM||
||CD||2 CDs (80 min)||Two wisdom teachers approach the theme of human maturit and consciousness from different traditions, yet they arrive at a deep level of convergence, sharing views that can be helpful to all who listen.|
|Spiral of Violence: The World, the Flesh, and the Devil||Spiritual Growth||Youth & Adults||Richard Rohr, OFM||
Fr. Richard tries to open doors of understanding regarding the traditionally labeled sources of evil: the world, the flesh, and the devil. Evil needs to appear in the disguise of being something good, moral, and righteous, which allows us to do evil actions without having guilt feelings or self-doubt.
If we don't recognize and stop evil in "the world" (that is, systemic evil) it will bubble up with great force throught he spiral of violence into personal actions of evil. Fr. Richard offers this discussion as a tool for discerning evil on all levels, and making appropriate responses before we are caught up in an uncontrollable spiral.
|Spirituality, Psychology, and Virtue: A Catholic's Guide to a Flourishing Life||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. John J. Cecero, SJ, PhD||
||CD||6 CDs||The author, a Jesuit priest and clinical psychologist, is an associate professor in the Department of Psychology at Fordham University. He is also Rector of the Jesuit Community and Director of the Center for Spirituality and Mental Health at Fordham.|
|Teilhard de Chardin: Creating a Universal Mysticism||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. James F. Salmon, SJ, Ph.D.||2012||CD||4 cds||
Discover the timeless mysticism of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. After his ordination as a Jesuit priest, Teilhard served the French army during WWI, during which he wrote a series of essays later collected in "Writings in Time of War". In this course, you will explore his fascinating life and these early writings, which provided the foundation for his spirituality.
1. Introduction to Teilhard's Earliest Writings
2. Teilhard's Life
3. "Cosmic Life"
4. "The Mastering of the World and the Reign of God"
5. "Creative Union"
6. "The Soul of the World"
7. "The Eternal Feminine" and "The Priest"
8. "Forma Christi"
9. "The Universal Element"
|The 10 Commandments||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. John Riccardo||2005||CD||8 CDs||
cd 1 - First Commandment "The Most Frequently Broken Commandment of All, and the Least Confessed. It's Not What You Think!
cd 2 - Second Commandment "Should We Really Pray the Our Father?"
cd 3 - Third Commandment "What Day Is It Anyway?"
cd 4 - Fourth Commandment "Whatever Happened to Honor and Respect?"
cd 5 - Fifth Commandment "Both In Life and Death, We Belong to God"
cd 6 - Sixth & Ninth Commandments "Who Has a Better Vision of Sex - Cosmo, Maxim or the Catholic Church?"
cd 7 - Seventh & Tenth Commandments "Striving For Contentment With What We Have"
cd 8 - Eighth Commandment "From the Same Mouth Come Blessing and Cursing: My Brethren, This Should Not Be So"
|The Art of Letting God: Living the Wisdom of Saint Francis||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Richard Rohr, OFM||2010||CD Lectures||6 sessions||
1. Inner Liberation from Ourselves
2. Cultural Liberation from Our Biases
3. Dogmatic Liberation from Our Certitudes
4. Personal Liberation from the System
5. Spiritual Liberation from the Divine
6. Liberation into Mystery
|The Chants of Mary||Music||Youth & Adult||
||2012||CD||65 min.||Gloria Dei Cantores Men's Schola|
|The Christian Contemplative Tradition||Prayer||Adult||Fr. Donald Goergen, OP, PhD||
||CD||8 CDs||This series explores key themes in spiritual theology from a Catholic perspective. It draws on the spiritual masters as well as core truths of the Catholic faith to elucidate our experiences of prayer, darkness, faith, hope and love.|
|The Council of Trent: Answering the Reformation and Reforming the Church||Church||Youth & Adult||Fr. John W. O'Malley, S.J., Ph.D.||2012||CD||12 lectures; 5 cds||
What really happened at the Council of Trent? As renowned historian Fr. John W. O'Malley demonstrates, the reality of Trent differs radically from how you probably conceive it. In this course, you will discover the council's colorful history and wide-reaching cultural influence. By examining its contributions to doctrine and reform, you will learn how its lasting legacy is vital to an understanding of the Church today.
2. The 15th Century Prelude to Trent, 1417-1517
3. The Big Question: How Bad Was It?
4. The Struggle to Convoke the Council, 1523-1545
5. The First Period of the Council of Trent, 1545-1547 (Part I)
6. The First Period (Part II)
7. The Middle Years, 1547-1562
8. The Third Period of the Council of Trent, 1562-1563 (Part I)
9. The Third Period (Part II)
10. The Third Period (Part III)
11. What Happened at the Council of Trent?
12. What Happened After the Council of Trent?
|The Enneagram & Grace: 9 Journeys to Divine Presence||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Richard Rohr & Russ Hudson||2012||CD Lectures||8 CD's||In this program, Richard Rohr and Russ Hudson invite us to view our gifts and their distortions with compassion, opening ourselves to Presence. Rohr and Hudson offer lectures and practices to nurture transformation for ourselves, compassion for our companions, and prayer for the world.|
|The Golden Rule: A Moral Ideal for the World||Ethics||Adult||Fr. Harry J. Gensler, S.J., Ph.D.||2014||CD||12 sessions||"Treat others as you want to be treated." This idea, called the golden rule, is a foundational idea in cultures and philosophies throughout the world. Now you can join one of the world's authorities on the golden rule in exploring its applications in the teachings of Jesus, philosophers throughout history, and modern thinkers. You will explore four essential areas of the golden rule: its basic applications, how it relates to religion, practicing the Golden Rule, and its history.|
|The Human and the Holy: Foundations of Spirituality||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Sr. Carla Mae Streeter, OP, ThD||
||CD||8 CDs||The author will examine the concepts of humanity and holiness and their connections within Christianity. This course will offer an approach to Christian spirituality itself, and its distinctiveness among the religiouns of the world. Then the focus will shift to the divine, to the Holy Spirit, to grace, theological life, moral virtue and the transformation conversion works in the human heart. You will gain a powerful new understanding of spirituality and human psychology.|
|The Intersection of Science and Theology: Evolutionary Theory and Creation||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. James F. Salmon, SJ, Ph.D.||2014||CD||12 sessions||Today, the Catholic Church understands science and religion as having a mutual and complementary relationship. Now, you can explore how the two work together in this program. Using the writings of Jesuit priest and scientist Pierre Teilhard de Chardin as a basis, these lectures look at God's two greatest gifts to humans: the Bible and nature. Understanding science is essential for truly grasping religion.|
|The Joyful Mysteries: A Contemplative Rosary||Rosary||All Ages||
||Contemplative Rosary: Joyful Mysteries with Scriptures and Song|
|The Lord's Prayer: A Summary of the Entire Gospel||Prayer||Adult||Fr. Albert Haase, OFM, Ph.D||
||CD||5 CDs||In this 12-lecture course, Fr. Albert Haase, in his inspirational and instructional style, reflects upon each phrase of the Our Father. You will discover that the first two words of the Our Father say as much about ourselves and who we are to one another as they do about God. You'll come to an appreciation for God's great dream for us, which Jesus called the "kingdom of God" and how, as co-workers for the kingdom, we can make that dream come true by living lives of peace, love and justice.|
|The Road to Emmaus||Spirituality||
||Audio CD||5 cd set||This four tape series is designed to help the listener experience personal converson as they journey to discover the healing power and unconditionak love of Jesus Christ. It will call the listener to a greater personal reform and holiness of life, which will then contribute to the reform and renewal of society.|
|The Rosary With the Pope||Pope John Paul II||Youth & Adults||Pope John II Paul||1994-12-22||Audio CD||
|The Servant's Heart||General Music||
||Kathleen Deignan||2007-02-27||Audio CD||
|The Seven Pillars of Catholic Spirituality||Spiritual Growth||Youth & Adults||Matthew Kelly||
||The content of this program will challenge you to become the-best-version-of-yourself, inspire you to live life to the fullest, encourage you to act purposefully, and direct you to a deeper conversation with the Creator of the universe. Are you up for the challenge?|
|The Song We Chose to Sing: Poetic Reflecions on the Christian Life||Christian Living||Youth & Adults||Joan B. Graham||
||Audio CD||2 CD set total time: 77 min.||
A unique recording of original poetic reflections on he essence of the Christian life for those looking for inspiration, healing, or quiet accpaniment.
15 meditations with words and music on disc 1, or just the instrumental music on disc 2.
|The Wabash||Spiritual Growth||All Ages||Art Spaces of Terre Haute||2012||CD||13 songs||Many talented musicians offer new meaning to a unique and vital Indiana waterway known fondly as "The Wabash." Their contributions will help Art Spaces to honor Paul Dresser, a world renowned composer, as one of Terre Haute's Cultural Treasures.|
|The Way of the Cross||Prayer||Youth & Adults||Norman Haskell||
||CD||36 min. & 20 min.||
On this CD you will find a contemporary and a traditional version of the Way of the Cross.
Stations of the Cross: I Am There by Norman Haskell was inspired by a remark by Fr. Richard Fohr, OFM who suggested that the Stations could be taken as an analogy for our own lives. It offers a quiet, reflective approach.
The Way of the Cross for Congregational Use by Jeremy harrington, OFM is used creatively in a Catholic Update Video. Recorded from the video, this audio allows people praying privately to feel connected with a community, represented in the recorded voices.
|Thomas Merton & St. Bernard of Clairvaux||Spiritual Growth||Youth & Adult||
||2014||CD Lectures||5 sessions||
1. Introduction by Dr. James Finley, Ph.D.
2. The First Life of Bernard by William of St-Thierry (6-20-1964)
3. St Bernard of Clairvaux: Conversion to the Monastic Life (6-27-1964)
4. Asceticism in St. Bernard's Time and Ours (7-18-1964)
5. The Letters of St. Bernard (8-8-1964)
|Thomas Merton: "God Speaks to Each of Us": The Poetry and Letters of Rainer Maria Rilke||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Thomas Merton||2013||CD Lectures||12 lectures||
1. Introduction by Dr. Michael W. Higgins
2. Rainer Maria Rilke: Poetry and Imagination (11-14-1965)
3. Rilke's Spiritual Influence: "The Panther" and "The Unicorn" (11-21-1965)
4. Inseeing: Rilke as a Contemplative Poet (11-28-1965)
5. Asceticism and Gluttony (12-12-1965)
6. Freedom and Spontaneity (12-19-1965)
7. Epictetus and "The Donators" (12-26-1965)
8. Freedom in Sartre and Marcel (1-2-1966)
9. Rilke's Search for God (2-6-1966)
10. Duino Elegies, Part I (2-20-1966)
11. Duino Elegies, Part II (2-27-1966)
12. The Simple Things of Life (3-20-1966)
|Thomas Merton: A Spiritual Guide for the Twenty-First Century||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Anthony Ciorra, M.Div., Ph.D.||
||CD||8 CDs||Explore Thomas Merton's remarkable life and spirituality. Through this 12-lecture course, ou will have the opportunity to develop a relationship with Merton. For some, Merton has become a lifelong mentor and spiritual guide. Regardless of whether that happens to you, Merton will bring you to new places with the questions he raises and the experiences he shares.|
|Thomas Merton: A Spiritual Guide for the Twenty-First Century||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Anthony Ciorra, M.Div., Ph.D.||2011||CD||5 cds, 12 lectures||
1 & 2. Thomas Merton: Who is He and Why is He Important for Today's World? (part 1 & 2)
3 & 4. Thomas Merton: A Prophet and Spiritual Guide for Today's Seekers (part 1 & 2)
5 & 6. What was Merton's Spirituality and How Does He Help Us to Find Ours? (part 1 & 2)
7, 8 & 9. Thomas Merton and the Struggle for Solitude (part 1,2 & 3)
10. Thomas Merton and Social Justice
11 & 12. Thomas Merton: A Guide for Interreligious Dialogue (part 1 & 2)
|To Praise You||Inspiration||All Ages||Dan Schutte||212||CD||1 cd||
O God Be the Music
So the Lord is to Me
Simon, Son of John
Wedding Feast of the Lamb
Come to Me, All Who Are Weary
Let Me Go Now In Peace
Litany of the Holy Spirit
Saints of God
Gathered 'Round This Table
From the Depths
To Praise You
Hymn of Praise (Te Deum)
|Totally Engaged! The Six Principles of Total Engagement||Inspiration||Youth & Adult||Matthew Kelly||2010||CD||60 min||
What is the difference between the highly engaged and the massively disengaged? In this program, Matthew Kelly answers that question. He does this by taking the audience through The Six Principles of Total Engagement.
Principles for work and for life.
|Toward the Blessed Life: Knowing and Living the Beatitudes||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Michael Crosby, OFM, Cap||
||CD||8 CDs||After 30 years of reflection and teaching, Capuchin Michael Crosby invites you to renew your knowledge of theBeatitudes, one of the core elements of Jesus' call to discipleship.|
|Transcending our Anger||Spiritual Growth||Adult||Fr. Tom Allender||
Set of 4 CD's that record Parish Mission, Week 2 of Fr. Tom Allender and Donald Fisher
We all find certain people, places and things that make us uncomfortable. The level of responses can range from denial to rage. Together we can examine our family history and past events to discover that our methods of dealing with our anger may not be serving us and with God's plan. This series calls us to take responsibility and ownership for our feelings of anger. When we are able to honestly examine our actions and feelings regarding anger, we become consciuos of this emotion and can discover intimacy with God, ourselves and others.
Fr. Tom and Don Fisher communicate in a very down to earth style with moments of humor to help us enjoy the lessons of personal growth they offer us!
|Treasury of Catholic Devotions||Prayer||All Ages||
Beloved devotions prayed by Catholics over the centuries. Entire rosary, Stations of the Cross, Litanies of the Holy Name, the Sacred Heart, the Blessed Virgin of Loreto, St. Joseph and the Saints; Novenas to Our Lady of Perpetual Help, the Divine Infant Jesus, the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and St. Jude.
Instructions for praying these devotions are included in the front liner notes.
|Vatican II and the Church of the Third Millennium||Vatican II||Youth & Adult||Dr. Richard R. Gaillardetz, Ph.D.||2014||CD||12 lectures, 5 CDs||
Explore the enduring power of Vatican II's teachings in our day and age. In this series, you will look at Vatican II as a starting point for reflecting on the challenges facing the Catholic Church today. The council laid the foundations for a bold new vision of the church; now, it is our task to bring that vision to completion. Discover how to make the council's bold vision a reality today.
1. The Council That Almost Failed
2. The Council as Transformative Ecclesial Event
3. The Hierocratic Form of the Church, Part I
4. " Part II
5. The Priority of Baptism
6. A Pilgrim Church
7. A Theology of Revelation
8. The Sensus Fidei: Becoming a Listening Church
9. Charism and Office: Toward an Integrated Theology of Ministry
10. The Papacy and Episcopal Collegiality
11. The Church in Mission
12. Vatican II and Moral Theology
|What is the Emerging Church?||Church Life||Adult||Richard Rohr, OFM||2008||DVD||Running time: 80 min||Fr. Richard offers a wide view of what is being called the emerging or emergent church. He gives us four main catagories that indicate something new and hopeful is happening in many denominations. This talk is a clear and vey helpful introduction to this dynamic new phenomenon.|
|Woman of Light: Discovering Hildegard of Bingen||Biography||Adult||Lyn Holley Doucet, M.Ed,. M.S.||2014||CD||12 sessions||Saint Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179) is one of the most inspiring figures in Christianity: a Doctor of the Church, visionary mystic, powerful composer of hymns, artist, and philosopher. Now, you have the opportunity to know Hildegard intimately in this program on her life and spirituality. Hildegard continues to speak to us today.|
|Women of the Bible||Bible||Adult||Sr. Barbara Reid, op, PhD||2009||CD||5 - CDs||
Women have always been central to the faith. In the Bible, women have played vital and often surprising roles. To understand these remarkable women, we are delighted to bring back one of our most highly regarded scholars, Professor Barbara Reid, O.P., PhD
1 Reading the Bible with the Mind, Eyes, and Heart of a Woman
2 Male and Female Created in God's Image
3 The Serpent Made Me Do It
4 Mary the Mother of Jesus
5 Jesus' Healing Encounters with Women
6 Mary Magdalene: Apostle to the Apostles
7 Beloved Disciples: Martha and Mary
8 No More Jew or Greek, Slave or Free, Male or Female
9 Women Keep Silent in Church
10 Wives Be Submissive to Your Husbands
11 Ministering Widows
12 Denial of Self and Taking Up the Cross